Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In the Middle of the Night

In the middle of the night
Under broken moonbeams
when I start in on my broken dreams
I dream of sugarplums.
Naw, damn sugarplums
I dream of broken bums
With bent backs
Begging for change.
Yeah we can all use change.
Change is good
Change comes in time
Time waits for no man
Or woman.
Time heals all wounds
And this too shall pass
These bent back broken bums
Shall pass
Over streets with broken glass
And piss,
Looking like gold runneth over
These streets
Mirages only camouflage the pain
Until the rain washes away the exterior.
And you can tell God
To kiss my posterior
Because it ain’t never gonna get any better
Before it gets worse
And even in the middle of the storm
I know it’s gonna get worse
And even on sunshiny days
With cumulus clouds
I know it’s gonna get worse.
The storm’s coming
It’s gonna rain on your head
But when you run outside on the concrete to watch it
Wash everything away
Just avoid the broken glass and piss
And come inside before you give up
And become another bent and broken bum
Who dreams under the comfort and the care
Of broken moonbeams.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are like that...
Middles of nights can be like that, too...

Jameil said...

nice

Waddie G. said...

yo man...I am feeling that poem.

M-Dubb said...

that was hot man...

Anonymous said...

write something nice abt how luscious i am and i can make your dreams a reality